Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Plug: Locally-Published Books

Here's a teaser for an upcoming comic (you can click the image for a large picture):

Anyway, here are some recently-released books that Filipino readers might enjoy.

Back in April, I did a book review on R. Kwan Laurel's collection Ongpin Stories. It's only lately that I've been spotting it in bookstore shelves so grab a copy now.

I haven't gotten around to purchasing a copy but Jose Dalisay's latest novel got shortlisted for the 2007 Man Asian Literary Prize. You can order a copy here.

A book I saw at the Manila International Book Fair was The Flip Reader. Flip Magazine was one of the best Filipino magazines printed, period. I was fortunate enough to have copies of the magazine at home (somewhere underneath the pile of books) but those who weren't able to catch it the first time gets a second chance with this book as it compiles some of the best articles and essays during the magazine's all-too short-lived print run. I'm still waiting for it to appear on bookstore shelves. You can order here.

No comments: